Wednesday, 22 March 2017

Editing Session 3 and 4

Editing Session 3 and 4:

In these editing sessions, Phoebe and I worked on adding sound effects to our opening sequence as we had to mute the audio on many of the clips due to speech and background noise. After doing some research on Foley sounds, I began to add sounds such as a 'flag' sound effect to act as the sound of sheets moving when she is in bed, as well as playing with the volume and effects to suggest distance/closeness and make the sounds sound as natural as possible. To add atmosphere, I even added a very quiet sound effect of one of the horses snorting when the camera pans to look out of the window and focuses on Parsley to make it seem as though we didn't have to mute the audio. We even added a 'quiet room' noise over the whole clip to eliminate the very heavy silence left on the clips after we muted them. Even though many sounds weren't noticeable, I paid very close attention when rebuilding the entire soundscape to make it seem as real as possible with the sound effects available on Final Cut Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment