Monday, 6 March 2017

Editing Session 1

Editing: Session 1
In this editing session, I trimmed down all of the raw footage in my section (Joe in the kitchen) and put everything together into a chronological sequence. We planned to each edit our own sections individually to begin, and then re-edit them into the final sequence as a group.

I encountered a problem with the timing of my section-- it was almost over a minute and it should have been 30 seconds-- so I started to trim every separate shot and used the blade tool to split clips that were unnecessary. I found it quite difficult because I still had to ensure that the narrative was clear without going over the time limit, but I was successful in the end. I also had to remove the audio from each clip because of the talking in the background which left an uncomfortable silence, meaning that I will have to add some ambient background noise back into it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment