Monday, 13 March 2017
Editing Session 2
In this session I worked with the rest of my group to put some fine editing into the opening sequence, such as the match-on-action with the toast in the first half and the change in perspectives as he climbs the stairs in the second. We also began to add diegetic and non-diegetic sound. As there was some unwanted background noise and speech in a few of the clips, I had to mute them, however, I found that when muted the silence was too heavy and jarring-- to solve this problem, I suggested we find some quite background noise from the internet to add into our clips. It was audio from an empty, quiet room (close to white noise) but it made the clips sound more natural. After this, we began to layer sound effects on top, for example the playground sounds to indicate the first character's dream-like state. I suggested adding an echo effect to these sounds to ensure that it doesn't seem as if the opening sequence is simply set near a playground but is instead not actually reality, but after discussing with my group we eventually decided to fade the sound effects out for the sections that her narrative cuts into his so that they are only prominent in her section until she wakes up. I also had some trouble with the music, as it was difficult to time it right for the most effective moment possible, however it was eventually placed so that the main character's eyes open just as Marilyn sings 'daddy'. After this point, I gradually faded the music out as the second main character left the room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment